Howdy! I'm Will.
I’m a PhD student at the University of Virginia in the computer science department. Most of my work is in data science and cybersecurity.
- BSides Boulder: I’m a co-organizer for BSides Boulder, which is being held for the first time on October 10th, 2020.
- BoulderSec: I’m one of the (currently) three organizers of the monthly BoulderSec meetups.
- The Encryption Compendium: I co-developed The Encryption Compendium, which provides comprehensive resources on debates around encryption policy.
- I graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder in May 2020 with a B.S. in computer science and both a B.S. and M.S. in applied mathematics.
- I was a researcher in Stephen Becker’s lab at CU, where my research was oriented towards randomized algorithms (esp. LSH) for large-scale data analysis.
- Preprint: "Locality-sensitive hashing in function spaces"
- When I have the time, I try to create and contribute to various open-source projects.